Northumberland, PA — Sunbury Press has signed author John L. Moore of Northumberland, PA to publish his well-known Frontier Pennsylvania history series, which will reach eight volumes with the latest release:
- Forts, Forests and Flintlocks
- Bows, Bullets and Bears
- Cannons, Cattle and Campfires
- Prioneers, Prisoners and Peace Pipes
- Rivers, Raiders and Renegades
- Settlers, Soldiers and Scalps
- Travelers, Traders and Tomahawks
- Warriors, Wampum and Wolves
Each volume will be 8×5 inch paperbacks, ranging from 50 to 70 pages, with full-color covers.
Moore, a veteran newspaperman, said he employed a journalist’s eye for detail and ear for quotes in order to write about long-dead people in a lively way. He said his books are based on 18th and 19th century letters, journals, memoirs and transcripts of official proceedings such as interrogations, depositions and treaties.
The author is also a professional storyteller who specializes in dramatic episodes…
View original post 505 more words